Skip to main content

McCall's 6563 - Misses Knit Top

Here is another easy and quick top to stitch up if you haven't already. It is McCalls 6563. It is a pullover knit top, cut on the bias and drapes beautifully in a ITY knit. It took me forever to get this pattern because it was never in the bin at Hancock and Joanne always seem to have the smaller size. The pattern states it is a fitted top but its more relaxed to me. I sewed this in a large which coordinates with sizes 16-18. The next ones will be in medium 12-14. This top features plenty of room and with it being cut on the bias, it flow over the body quite nicely. It has a front drape neckline that can be adjusted to suite your needs. It also offers different hemline looks. 

Here is the back of the top with the narrow hemline. It has a slight hi-low hem that I love. This is definite one of my favorites. You can pretty much dress this up and down and the fabric choices seem unlimited. This was another knit from my stash and the only thing I had to purchase was some more stay tape.

Hopefully my photographer will be ready to take the next set of pictures. I still have three dresses I want to showcase, a skirt and of course my culottes I just might be wearing tomorrow.

Knitting and sewing and loving everything about it.





Comments

  1. I love your top! I am really into the drape neck right now. Stylish, yet not too stuffy! Your version is beautiful. Great job!
    See me @ www.sewplus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bonnie, it really took me a while just to finish this cute top. I love the cowl neck too and this can easily be turned into dress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

The Creative Crew