Skip to main content

Off the Knitting Needles...

I didn't take a picture of the finished blanket but I will share with you what I have. My all time favorite baby blanket to make and give is Lionsbrand Bright Nursey Baby Throw. It's easy and knits up quickly. 
To keep it cost effective I opted for the Bernat Blanket skein and needed to get a regular size skein to finish it. Below you will see the necessary info regarding the yarn.
You start off with three stitches, then yarn over on the ends until you get 90 stitches and then you start to decrease. It make the boarder as you go. As you can see you might just need one skein, depending how loose or tight you knit.
Here it when it was almost done. It really is one of my favorites.
I also knitted a scarf in these beautiful earthtone colors to go with this jacket I am passing on to a friend. I believe this was knitted with Lionsbrand Homespun yarn. I had it in my yarn stash so it needed to be utilized or donated. I know my friend will enjoy it along with her new coat.

Have I been able to do any sewing? No, nilch, nadda. I have no desk to set up shop but hey, the holiday are about shopping and intend on do quite a bit for myself!

Knitting and sewing and loving everything about it. 

Comments

  1. The Bernat yarn colours are beautiful. I love the scarf you made too, and it goes perfect with the coat, your friend will be very pleased :-).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

The Creative Crew