Skip to main content

Favorite Pants Completed

Yes indeed! I have completed three pair of pants with my favorite pattern, McCall's 6901. I think I can sew them with my eyes close now. The fits is always perfect for me. I don't think you could go wrong with a Palmer/Pletsch fitting instructions. So with that said, yes you guessed it. Now I am getting ready to start on the navy blue pair.

All the Gabardine fabric I purchased were through Amazon from the Online Fabric Store. The quality of this fabric is wonderful as well as affordable as you can see below. I was in Sears, tempted to buy a pair,  same great quality, nice fit, standard length but listed at $40. So yeah, that inspired to go ahead and make them and just look, only costed me $7.84 and with Amazon prime, here next day!
With no more Hobby Lobby 5 minutes away and both Joann Fabric stores about 35-38 miles, north or south of me, the Online Fabric Store will be my go to place. I know, I like to touch the fabric, look at color and get inspired but, jeez to drive the distance. I would have to make a day of it on a Saturday.
Also in the mixes is this caplet I started knitting on at work. Yes, I create when I am on my lunch, I mean don't we all? It's knitted on circular needles, so it real easy if like to knit. I picked up the free instructions and the yard over the Thanksgiving holiday from AC Moore and Crafts and forget about it until the bag literally fell out the closet. So yeah, it was time to get this knitted up.

Also being requested is another men's scarf for the same client I made during christmas. He requested a blue one this time so I started on that last night while sitting here taking it easy. I ruptured my Achilles Tendon so I don't want to do a whole lot of moving around so I have some self-contained areas and today it is sitting in front of my sewing machine. So I'm off to create!

"Any day spent sewing, is a good day."
Author Unknown

Comments

  1. Wow! I love those pants, and Gabardine is such a pleasure to sew! I look forward to seeing the items you are knitting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

The Creative Crew